B12 Shots Available Again at Balance Point
We know you’ve been missing out on B12 injections since the regulations changes to Naturopathic Doctors last July.
We’re happy to share that B12 INJECTIONS ARE BACK!
Balance Point is very excited to extend a “Congratulations” to our own Dr. Jennifer Kaster ND for successfully competing the Pharmacology Prescribing and Therapeutics Examination. With this new designation Dr. Jennifer is now able to perform in-office B12 injections again.
To book your B12 injection call our office at 289-291-0254.
What is B12?
Vitamin B12 is known as the energy vitamin, and your body requires it for a number of vital functions. Among them: energy production, blood formation, DNA synthesis, and myelin formation. Myelin is insulation that protects your nerve endings and allows them to communicate with one another.
Vitamin B12 is a powerhouse micronutrient for a whole host of reasons. Your body needs B12 for:
- proper digestion, food absorption, iron use, carbohydrate and fat metabolism
- healthy nervous system function
- promotion of normal nerve growth and development
- help with regulation of the formation of red blood cells
- cell formation and longevity
- proper circulation
- adrenal hormone production
- healthy immune system function
- support of female reproductive health and pregnancy
- feelings of well-being and mood regulation
- mental clarity, concentration, memory function
- physical, emotional and mental energy
If left untreated, it may progress and cause symptoms such as:
- mental fogginess
- problems with your memory
- mood swings
- lack of motivation
- feelings of apathy
- fatigue and a lack energy
- muscle weakness
- tingling in your extremities
If you think you have symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, call the office for a free 15 minute consult and if possible, bring a copy of your most recent blood tests.
**Please note: if you are not currently a patient of Dr. Jennifer’s a 15 minute consult is required with your first injection appointment.
Dr. Jennifer Kaster, Oakville