BBQ Kale Chips
vitamins and minerals, kale is a highly nutritous food that is a ‘smart’ addition to anyone’s diet. And when in chip form – you can’t go wrong!
- 1 large bunch of curly green kale (washed and dried)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked 2 hrs & drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 2 hrs & drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp each paprika, sea salt and dry mustard
- .5 tsp cayenne pepper
Blend all topping ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth. If you are missing any of the ingredients, you can omit and still come out with a good flavourful chip. Cut off and discard thick stems from kale and tear leaves into bite size pieces. Pour marinade over kale and then massage into kale until evenly mixed. Place kale in dehydrator for 12 hours. Oven method: On baking sheets (parchment paper) bake at 180 for 2 hours.
For a simple version, coat kale chips in 1-2 tbsp olive oil and sea salt or nutritional yeast and then bake as per instructions above.