Black Bean Peppermint Brownies
What a perfect healthy conscious holiday treat! Who knew beans could taste so great? Why are these so great?
- high in fiber – balanced blood sugar and moods
- low in saturated fats
- coconut oil is fantastic for energy levels
- high in protein to keep you feeling full, longer
These are kid tested!
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, applesauce or coconut oil
- 1/2 sucanat or coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 drops of peppermint essential oils
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- optional – walnuts
Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in blender until smooth. Pour into 9×9 inch pan that has been greased with coconut oil and floured with cocoa powder. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Add crushed candy canes or chocolate chips or nuts to top about 5 minutes before done. Enjoy!
Linda Ljucovic, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Oakville.