Blueberry-Banana Antioxidant Smoothie
This recipe was adapted from a recipe by Brenda Burton in her book titled, “Eat drink and be vegan”.
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (slice banana and put in freezer bag in freezer)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- 1 package Sambazon Pure Acai frozen pulp (optional)
- 3 tbsp of hemp powder or favourite protein powder (optional – to boost the protein content)
- 1-2 tbsp agave nector (or honey) – optional
- 1 tbsp flax oil (optional – to boost Omega 3)
With a hand blender or in a blender, combine milk, blueberries, bananas, cocoa, agave and flax oil and puree until smooth. Add milk to consistency you desire. Enjoy!
Blueberries and cocoa are both antioxidant rich foods. Acai gives it an additional antioxidant boost. Enjoy this nutritional powerhouse smoothie!