Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 3 cups boiling filtered water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Cook oats. Pour boiling water over oats and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse/Drain oats and put in glass mason jar along with chia seeds and almond milk.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Add blueberries and maple syrup in morning.
*steel cut oat are a little chewy in texture…just so you know.
Eating whole foods will ensure you get vitamins and minerals in the right proportions. When you eat a processed food, some minerals are removed and others are added, leaving the food more difficult to digest. Often additives and chemicals in processed foods leave you feeling MORE hungry! Whole steel cut oats are the perfect addition to a healthy diet for most people.
Linda Ljucovic, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Oakville