Chocolate Zucchini Loaf (grain free)
This recipe is fantastic. Why?
- It is gluten free (no bloating!)
- High in protein (eggs) and fiber (thank-you coconut flour)
- You can send it in your kids lunches – nut free!
- Good amount of healthy medium chain fats for energy
- Low glycemic – therefore no sugar spikes and dips (in energy and MOODs)
- It works for those hormonal moments we all have (thank-you magnesium packed cocoa)
- Guilt free – only the best quality sweeteners that are lower GI and don’t rob your body of nutrients
- And last but not least, it is super simple to make – less than 10 minutes
2 cups (200 g) grated or finely shredded zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
4 large hormone free eggs
2 tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil – melted
1/3 cup (90 ml) maple syrup or honey or agave or brown rice syrup (or stevia for those looking for very low GI option)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup (35 g) coconut flour
1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (organic prefferably to reduce toxic load)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (56 g) chocolate chips (dairy free by Enjoy Life ideally)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Bake in loaf tin for 50 minutes or until done. So easy!
Note: you could use carob powder in place of the cocoa powder for a caffeine free version. This will give it a sweeter taste.
For more great recipes just like this one, check out my book called Stress Less About PMS. Don’t let the name scare you, the book is focused on good clean eating and all recipes support healthy hormones.