June 13, 2012 In Healthy Living, Recipes
Omega 3 Power Oatmeal
This is a super way to get extra omega-3 fatty acids in your diet (from the walnuts and flax seeds), not to mention fiber, vitamins and minerals!
- 1/2 cup whole *oats (or steel cut)
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts (almonds and walnuts are good)
- 1 tbsp dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp currants
- sprinkle of goji berries (or berries of choice)
- 1 tbsp protein powder – optional
Bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Add the oats, stir, and let boil until the mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes). Turn heat off, add all other ingredients. Remove from heat and serve with a splash of almond or rice milk if desired.
It’s tough getting the zinc and iron needed on a daily basis from the foods we eat. Both are important for optimizing immune fuction.
*if you are avoiding gluten, there are gluten free varieties of oats available.
https://primarytech.comDecember 23, 2018at2:02 pm
Excellent post. I was searching for different
but stumbled on your blog. I am pleased I did. Thank you for sharing
useful information. Thank you and best of luck.