Kale, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (rinsed if not using organic)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 cups chopped kale, about 1/2 small bunch
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- Rinse quinoa. Combine with 2 cups water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over high, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to sit for a few minutes after fluffing the quinoa with a fork.
- Whisk oil with vinegar and sea salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Stir in quinoa mixture, kale, onion and pepper. Serve immediately. Keeps well, refrigerated, up to 1 day.