Liver Detoxification Made Simple
Get to know your liver:
- the liver is the largest gland and one of the most important organs in your body; the weight of an average human liver is 3 lbs!
- it is located in right upper quadrant of the abdomen, under your ribcage
What does your liver do for you?
- The liver filters and detoxifies anything that comes its way through the blood stream (including food, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, drugs, pesticides, heavy metals)
- protein break-down and storage
- carbohydrate metabolism and blood sugar regulation
- cholesterol and bile synthesis
- vitamin and mineral storage (stores 2 year supply of Vitamin A, 4 month supply of vitamin D and B12, iron)
What foods can help the liver do all this?
- cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage), oranges, limonene (caraway, dill, lime), onions, garlic, red peppers, protein, curcumin (tumeric), green tea, grapes
Why consider a liver cleanse?
To give the liver a break, replenish critical nutrients for liver function, and feel better! A healthy liver improves digestion, energy levels and vitality.
What is a liver cleanse?
A program that supports the liver and eases its burden by supporting elimination.
It can include:
- changes in diet, relaxation, exercise, baths, saunas, castor oil application, homeopathic drainage, nutritional support, botanical medicine, clean water, air and food!
When is the best time of year to cleanse/detoxify?
- Once or twice a year, ideally at the change of seasons: spring/fall
Consult Dr. Jane Goehner ND or Dr. Jennifer Kaster ND for an individualized detoxification plan today! Call us at 289-291-0254.