October 28, 2020 In Recipes
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup tapioca flour arrowroot powder or oat flour can be substituted (tapioca will add lightness, almond will make more dense)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey, agave, monkfruit syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, pepitas or chocolate chips
In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl whisk together remaining (wet) ingredients except for the pecans until smooth and combined.
Add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir until all lumps are gone. Alternatively, you can also blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities and top each with chopped nuts (or seeds/chocolate chips). Bake for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Pumpkin is an excellent addition to your recipes for the vitamin A content. Vitamin A helps to support immunity and we all need a little help this winter.
Vitamin A, Lutein and Zeaxanthin may Protect Your Eyesight as well according to research.