October 28, 2020 In Recipes
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup tapioca flour arrowroot powder or oat flour can be substituted (tapioca will add lightness, almond will make more dense)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey, agave, monkfruit syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, pepitas or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a muffin pan with parchment or silicone muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl whisk together remaining (wet) ingredients except for the pecans until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir until all lumps are gone. Alternatively, you can also blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities and top each with chopped nuts (or seeds/chocolate chips). Bake for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Pumpkin is an excellent addition to your recipes for the vitamin A content. Vitamin A helps to support immunity and we all need a little help this winter.
Vitamin A, Lutein and Zeaxanthin may Protect Your Eyesight as well according to research.