June 13, 2012 In Recipes
Spanish Chicken Dish
This recipe is from “The Supercharged Hormone Diet” book by Dr. Natasha Turner.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or coconut oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh lime juice
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 avocado
Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink and lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Add garlic, onions, hard veggies and cook until soft. Add olives and tomatoes last. Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro. Serve over chicken breasts garnished with the sliced avocado. Serves 2.