Gluten free Pumpkin Spice Muffin
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I found by Dianne Steeper. It tastes great and has a good texture for a gluten free muffin.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unrefined (platation) raw brown sugar (or xylo-sweet for sugar free version)
- 1 cup pumpkin (mashed or canned)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup ground oats (grind to powder in coffee grinder)
- 1-2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- dash sea salt
Loaded with Potassium—Studies show people who have a potassium rich diet lower the risk for hypertension. Potassium rich foods include bananas, broccoli, avocados, pomegranate and many others.
Zinc—Not only is zinc a major boost for your immune system, it also aids in bone density support for people at risk for osteoporosis.
High in Fiber—Diets rich in fiber may prevent cancer, heart disease and other serious ailments.